Monday, January 21, 2008

And it happens again!

Another T.K. byline! I am officially a fan. Makes me feel like I should work harder to get my first. I'm just a bag full of lazy bones. Oh well, congratz again.

Let me make out my 1st political post of the year. Its based on my opinion so it account for nothing but I'll write it anyway.

Yesterday, Selangor's dearest Menteri Besar, Datuk Dr. Khir Toyo said the 'dumbest' thing yet. This is how the article started:

SHAH ALAM: Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr. Mohd Khir Toyo Has called on Chinese and Indian voters in the state not to 'backstab' UMNO when making their choice during the next general elections.

What right does he have to say that? Malays get the biggest slice of the cake and they tell us not to choose against them (BN)? I'm sorry, but I know too many capable Malays to believe that they have to be protected. This is why Malaysia will never be really inhabited by Malaysians but just Malaysian Chinese, Indian and Malay. We will never be a country.

The audacity of of Khir Toyo doesn't stop there.

"We hope our Indian friends in the Ijok state constiteuncy will remember our (UMNO) loyalty and not run away from us during the next general election because of Hindraf," he said during the launch of Barisan National Youth and Puteri UMNO election machineries here yesterday.

Say WHAT!? Ok, I, for one, do not agree with the Hindraf movement but has he even given thought to why they went to Hindraf in the first place? If they were already happy with the way the government is ran, in my opinion, they would side with the ruling party instead of Hindraf.

And now the Chinese.

"To our Chinese friends, too, we want to clearly tell not to main wayang with us," he said adding the reminder was in view of the promises by Chinese voters in Ijok to back BN during the April by-election but who later voted against the coalition.

I get a sense of the Chinese sarcasm here. I know if a promise that person A made to me is broken, I am in no obligations to keep mine to person A.

He said the Chinese voters should not be fooled into thinking that the DAP could form a government in the state as a study by Barisan showed the coalition had the backing of 90% of voters.

The current government isn't all that great in my eyes. Why not try a new one? And if you have 90% of the population behind you why worry about those who want vote for DAP or PAS?

Our public figures are so, so funny. 1st, its ZAM with his RAP on Al-Jazeera, then its V.K. Lingam and now this? Well there are lots more but this are the ones I will name.

Unfortunately he is right. The majority is still made out of BN supporters, mostly Malay, and I don't blame them, they are well taken care off, but we can even out the parlimentary seats and hopefully it would give birth to a better Malaysia for all races.

Well thats all.

No comments: