Saturday, March 22, 2008

Time passes so slowly on days you want to leave early and you never have enough energy for the day you want to work late.

But for me, I never want to work late if not paid well.

***

There has been talks of boicotting the Malaysian newspapers circulating through SMSs and e-mails because of unfair media coverage which usually favors the ruling party.

Well being a citizen alone I would so agree with that statement and would be one of the first to do so.

But a note to consider* - My arrogant and ignorant uncle says that he hasn't been reading the news papers for 6 months and instead comes over and sells my gullible mother rumors which validity is really unknown (My uncle's a tall tale kinda person, acts like he knows alot but really, knows squat). And my mom would buy it (my disliking for my Mom's choices are another thing altogether).

So where are you gonna get your news?

The internet? Malaysiakini perhaps. A site, though giving Malaysians an alternative to news, is lop-sided towards the opposition and hell bent to goventment bashing in the way they write. We'll thats just my opinion. Maybe support the online versions of The Star, NST and the Sun? Give them a chance to start charging for it? Or just be as ignorant as my 'uncle'.

Now I'm speaking as a person who has been in the media scene.

People do not realize that The Star has been closed down for persuing investigative journalism and uncovering more than it should have. So fear to cross that line is still there. People are still trying to make a living. And the rest of the news publications are just learning from that mistake. Not to mention the political ties of newspaper companies and the segment parties of the ruling coalition.

That what these people sending out those SMSs and e-mails don't understand. This not so free press is the doing of the ISA and OSA the PPPA all those As. Reporters are humans, with bills to pay, families to provide for, loans to pay for and etc. So get of you high horses and start bringing down the ISA, OSA and PPPA if you want a balanced press not boicot the newspapers.
***

Its been a bad month for me. Within this month I've had financial, relationship, family and personal problems.

My GF's phone was snatched earlier this month and recently had a boo-boo on the road. Had me worried sick. Had quarrels too.

My income is not lving to the out put. I spend RM100 on petrol alone every week. Four weeks in a month makes the grand total RM400. My income is a measly 300 smacks. Tough.

Ah family problems. Mother dearest is at it again. in 1999 she shifted to Subang with out consulting me at least. And I had to live the the consequence. In 2004 I shifted to USJ 3 just because of feng shui talk between my cocker uncle and my mom buying all the, to me, hogwash. And again, the person who had to uproot everything and do heavy lifting, reschdule all activities be acuse of the heavy lifting is the father and the kids, naming ly the son, because he has teh muscles. And lets make it a third one. This year she said lets renovate. After hearing what the neighbours had said while comparing houses, she decided she didn't want to lose out. And after many sleepless nights, now I have to lift stuff, endure my mom's poor decisions and bad timing and all the holier than thou rantings.

My mom is like the BN govenment. More often then not, it doesn't deliver. Yeah, yeah, be grateful you wretch. I can almost hear some of the 'people' say. Well its not a sin to disagree you bunch of holy bags.

M and my man bro have been having problems of late. Again I feel their pain. Gossip mongers putting unneeded pressure on. I'm really angered by those douche bags.

Ahh but there is good news. No one got killed and everyone is strengthened because of it. The month seems to be smoothing out. I've learned and become a better person. More understanding too I hope.

Thanks to people who I least expected for supporting me.

Ja-ne.

5 comments:

Ithildin Galad said...

Heys u

Disgreeing with ur mom is natural and nothing for u to defend. Moms will be moms. Sometimes they do things without thinking. but in the end, she's ur mom and tats all that matters.

hang in there, and believe me when i say things get better after they get about as f***ed up as they possibly can.

u've got plenty of support here from me ok? and for goodness sakes, be a man, do the right thing and when u argue with V just apologise no matter who is right or wrong. (hint: YOU"RE always wrong, btw. ;P)

steady on and remember this is just for 3 months. Its an experience-gathering time, so set aside ur money woes for just a while n u'll see it really isnt all as bad as it seems.

take in all the experience, see all the dead bodies, and take it as a lesson, ok? if u think that way it'll be better.

dont harp on money n travel. it'll only make u miserable. i used to harp on certain things too, and it made me just plain miserable. dont harp on money and travel.

it just aint worth harping on. and as for crime desk, i say u have to have the right mindset. if u are adamant in believing it is NOT for you, then it will be NOT for u.

be more positive. crime is a great opportunity. take it. dont let it slip past u.

u hang in there. ont wuss out on me, or u will never live this down. XD

ok?

Sypher said...

Yes Mommy....

Ithildin Galad said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

never am i giving u advice again if u call me mommy.

XP

vic said...

hahaha! he got lectured! muahaha! xP

Christine said...

what happened to vic?

what boo boo on the road?

abit slow..so pls tell..apasal?