Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Food Where History Lies
Last Saturday, Baby-V and I took a day trip down to Melaka to catch a friend of ours Chelle, who is performing at the GACC (forgot what it stood for but it has something to do with Games and Anime). This would be my second time attending such an event.
Well we were mostly there for the her performance only. Don't get me wrong, I love Anime and I am an avid gamer but bad cosplaying leaves little to be desired. I magine a round Allen Walker(Dgray-man) or a fat and short Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7). Don't get me wrong, I admire their courage but it rather a kill joy. There are lots of cute, short and round Anime characters that would suit them better.
There were some good ones though. The Malaysian Hardo Gay made an appearence. That dude is barking mad. But he was in character and we fitted the bill. Tall as hell. There were cute kimono girls here and there. Even the the Counter Terrorists team from CS made an appearence.
The man who cosplays women made an appearence again. He does look like a girl. However, sticking true to my homophobic tendencies, I feel that its wrong that he should enjoy cross dressing so much. Also because of those tendencies I did not take any photos of the dude.
Counter Terrorist win. They caught a terrorist! These guys are actually from gamers hideout. Dude I frequent that place.

Gundam models on display in a room. If only I could break in... to take better close up. LOL

This is Chelle and the band Pg 168. These guys were tight. All the best persuing stardom.

Ok so at this point we were already bored. So we decided to cruise the town is search of food. Forget the historical sites, show me the food! Though because of the time constraint and because we were without a guide, we only went to a few places.

Cruising Melaka on Foot!

Seu Lean Fung

This place was awesome. The third place in my list of the best curry mee around. It only loses out to the one in Kajang and Sarawak.

Oldschool Chinese Kopitiam. Making good noodles for generations. LOL

My bowl of noodles. Lots of chicken meat and potatoes. The curry actually tastes like curry! Its not the watered down version I get back in Subang.

The noodles only costs RM2.50 for a small bowl and 3.50 for a big one. I felt that it was really a good price. And we found it while walking down the street looking for a place to eat coz we couldn't decide what to have for breakfast.

And next...

Shopping in Jonka Street

The girls absolutely loved this part of the trip. I have to say, I was impressed with what some of these shops had to offer. A gun shaped lastik for rm5, a kendo stick for RM10 and a wooden replica od a katana. They even sold a bunch of really interesting souverneirs for a real low price... Well considering.

Then came lunch....

Ming Satay House.
You cannot stop by Melaka and not go for pork satay. At 50 cents a stick this satay beats even the one in Kajang (it overrated, really). Plus its pork. They even served Hong Kong Style drinks.

The Satay-man Can.

Then for desert...

We stopped by the cafe next door called Nadeje Cafe. Now this cafe was a classier establishment from the rest and it served a very interesting sorta dessert. Alcoholic cocktails are also cheaper here.

CALPIS hibiscus tea soda. Or something like that.

Don't be fooled by the tea and soda. This baby had alcohol. A good dose of it. Not enough to knock a drinker like me out but it tasted good.

Now on to the desserts...

Banana Chocolate Crepe cake.

Chocolate crepe cake.

Its basically layers upon layers of crepe with cream seperating the layers. Tastes so good! To bad I haven't found any restauraunt of the same kind in KL. Can't compare.

Well I have to get a better camera. The Nikon Coolpix L3 seems to blur out the picture with the slightest movement. Loads of other photos were ruined.

We went for Cendol and some onde-onde after that. The Cendol was so-so but the onde-onde was scrumptous. The gula Melaka melts in your mouth. After that we went to get the ever commercialized chicken rice balls for dinner to go. Wanted to go for the Hainan chicken rice mentioned by Sean but I wasn't sure which stall it was and so I didn't want to risk it. Plus It was getting late.

It rained cats and dogs as well. LOL.

Well thats all folks. Ja-ne.

1 comment:

Esee said...

why didnt you call me to recommend places to you?! melaka is my hometown!!

and those 2 malay farkers suck! hope the phone explodes in their faces! heehee..