Tuesday, June 12, 2007

On the freedom of speech and being blunt.

Well the freedom if speech is the 'Holy Grail' of the Malaysian journalistic scene cause its almost impossible to attain. Note that I didn't say impossible. Its moving towards that but it still has quite a big barricade still, although more freedom has indeed been given. The media can be the rise and the fall of a person. I for one truly believe that the press should have the freedome to investigate anything, government included. But its not gonna happen.

Now being blunt. Thats how I approach almost everything. Well uptill a year back. I'm conforming to the world, I know. But often times people can't handle the truth. So why give the truth to people who can handle it. They'll just get mad about it anyway and you might end up hurting someone cause not every one has a big heart. Even a big heart has limits.

They say if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. They left out "even if it is the truth.

I was very tempted to type something that is true but really, really mean at the same time. I didn't do it.

Told you I was conforming to the world.

You must be wondering why am I posting something so politically provocative. Well maybe not 'so' but its politically provocative to an extent at least.

Well the papers said that blogs will never influence the world.

With the new age of blogging filled with just the showing off of photos (no offence to the picture loving bloggers) and very little word value its really no surprise. Blogging in the hands of a few Martin Luther Kings, a few Winston Churchhills, I believe it can be a great impact on society. So I'm going to dedicate some time to writing a few entries like this one. not all but may be 1 post in 4 or 5.

No comments: