Thursday, October 05, 2006

Well I attended my uncle's 52nd birthday 2 nights ago and to me it was and eye opening experience for me.

First of all an introduction to my uncle. Now he isn't the kinda uncle to give lots of good advice. In fact he curses a lot, full of himself, pretty much someone whom your mom wouldn't want you hanging with if he was your peer. I've accepted that fact. However the recent events have opened my eyes a little more.

He has some of the freakiest siblings. Now have you ever seen siblings or relatives not recognize each other? That happened at the party. Some of the comment that were made were just down right arrogant and rude. If you made that remark at my family's get together you would be shot, literally.

Next is the comparing of thier sons and daughters to see who out does the other. "My son is in the UK" or "My daughter is married to some white guy" or the best one I've heard so far, "My son's golf coach says he has the making to be the next Tiger Woods". At this point I was trying hard not to laugh. Thank God my cousin hasn't turned into the monster arrogance, not yet, at least.

I left the party earlier than intended. Foosball never sounded so appealing...

No comments: